- An adult must accompany children at all times. Children are anyone under the age of 15. Adult is anyone over the age of 18. Accompanied means within sight distance and normal speaking volume distance of an adult. Parents/Guardians are responsible for the child the entire time they are on the property. Parents/Guardians are expected to correct the child’s behavior to follow our safety guidelines. Children who cannot follow the safety guidelines will be asked to leave, and an accompanying adult can wait with them in the gift shop or picnic area until the rest of their party is finished.
- Do not climb on fencing or enter animal enclosures/restricted areas. This includes but is not limited to: animal pens, barns, and gated areas. Guests are only allowed to hold animals and enter pens during timed interactions with a staff member.
- Follow all safety guidelines verbally provided or posted for animal interactions. This includes but is not limited to: posted safety feeding signage posted “do not feed” signage, and do not enter signage. Visitors that open pens, enter pens, feed outside food, climb gates, climb fences, lean on fences, or damage enclosures in any way will be asked to leave.
- DO NOT HAND FEED THE PIGS FOR ANY REASON. This includes all swine in all areas of the Farm, regardless of age, breed, size, or disposition.
- Do not roughhouse, chase, or intentionally harm one of our animals, grounds, or games/interactions.
- Do not feed animals food that has not been provided in animal feed cups. This includes but is not limited to outside fruits or vegetables, snacks, drinks, or animal food. Animals can only eat Mazuri Petting Zoo treats provided in animal feed cups.
- No alcohol, weapons, smoking, or pets
Waiver of Liability
By entering the Farm, you give the right to sue for any injury or damage howsoever caused, Ballyhoo Petting Zoo, of Anderson, South Carolina (hereinafter referred to collectively as “The Farm”) and owners, employees, representative officers, and agents (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Farmhands”).
- I agree as a precondition to my participation in the petting zoo or field trip, birthday party, or special event organized by the Farm and/or its Farmhands, conducted by the Farm or its Farmhands, and in further consideration of the Farm allowing me to do so, to be strictly bound by the terms of my admission.
- I acknowledge that petting zoo activities involve inherent risks that may cause serious injury to participants. I fully understand the risks and dangers associated with my child’s or personal participation and accept them entirely at my own risk.
- I hereby waive any and all claims which I may have against the Farm and/or Farmhands, and release the Farm and its Farmhands from all liability for injury, death, property damage, or any other loss sustained by me or my child (or the child I am representing) as a result of my/their participation in the Farm, due to any cause whatsoever including without limitation, negligence on the part of the Farm or its Farmhands, for any and all legal fees (on a solicitor and his own client basis) or costs which may be incurred in defending any lawsuit or claim I may bring against them.
- I appreciate that this agreement applies whether the Farm is at fault or not, and it limits the liability of the Employees to the same extent as it limits the liability of The Farm even though The Farmhands are not formal parties to this agreement. I understand further that the Farm in securing execution of This agreement by myself, is acting as agent or trustee on behalf of or for the benefit of The Farmhands who shall to this extent be or be deemed to be parties to this agreement.